Hi. My name is Alexander.
I'm an Industrial and Graphic Designer with a passion for Photography, Film and Travel.
Since I graduated from RMIT with a Bachelor (honours) of Industrial Design, I have stood for outstanding ideas and progressive designs that are rooted in materiality, technology and innovation. I am also a strong believer in responsible and authentic solutions that achieve sustainability through quality and longevity.
In addition to design, I am involved with the Edmund Hillary Collection which is a premium lifestyle clothing brand. I assist with marketing, retail management, promotion and design on a part time basis.
A big part of my life and work is my long family history with mountaineering, exploration and philanthropy. I've been involved with the Himalayan Trust as well as in films and writing on Nepal and Antarctica.
One of my many passions is storytelling, which I do through travel and adventure photography for organisations like the Antarctic Heritage Trust, Edmund Hillary Collection and Lowa Boots. I find my experiences with photography and travel often inform my industrial and visual design practice through inspiring my techniques, aesthetics and principles.
I'd love to discuss your project or work with you and I'm always interested in learning and challenging myself to develop a new idea or concept. I look forward to getting in touch!
Résumé on request.
My spectrum of expertise includes the fields of:
- Graphic Design
- Brand Identity Design & Marketing
- Editorial Design
- UI & UX Design
- Computer Modelling (CAD), Algorithmic and Parametric Design
- Prototyping and Manufacturing
- Video Production and Film.
Using these techniques:
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects.
- Work + Microsoft Office: Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD): Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, Autodesk Fusion 360
- 3D Rendering: Keyshot 7, Blender, Autodesk VRED Pro
- Parametric and Algorithmic Design: Grasshopper, Autodesk Fusion 360
- Prototyping: 3D Printing (Ultimaker, FormLabs, Stratasys, Zortrax, ABB) , CNC Milling, Arduino, Particle.
- Photography and Videography: Canon EOS 5D MkIV, RONIN-S, Tripod, Microphones & Lenses.
View my LinkedIn